PC Pils Recipe: PC Pi(ls)mento Cheese
We’ve long been proponents of cheese and beer pairings – in fact, we don’t remember a time where our taproom’s Beer Cheese Dip wasn’t the top-selling item. As nicely as a hunk of sharp cheddar pairs with a pint of Rubaeus or some hearty blue cheese with a glass of Breakfast Stout, we also think there’s plenty of room for beer and cheese to coexist in one, fantastic dish.
This inspired our Culinary Director, Justin, to take our crisp, delicious, American-hopped Pilsner, PC Pils, and incorporate it into a recipe for the entertaining classic, Pimento Cheese. Check it:
PC Pi(ls)mento Cheese
- 1 lb sharp orange cheddar cheese
- 1- 4-ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ½ cup PC Pils
- Cut the cheese into small chunks and put into the bowl of a food processor. Add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, paprika, and hot sauce to taste and process just until it starts to break up and form a paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then start the food processor and drizzle in the PC Pils, and incorporate the pimentos until the mixture is smooth and creamy, Scrape the beer cheese into a container, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the cheese is firm and the flavors have melded.
- Serve cold. The beer cheese will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for one week.
Discover more recipes here: